6 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
2 4 ounce cans diced green chiles, do not drain
2 cups sour cream
1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
cilantro leaves, chopped (optional)
vegetable or olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425. In a bowl, mix sour cream, green chiles, cilantro, onion, garlic, and cumin.
2. Separate out about 1/3 of the sour cream mixture. This will be used later to top the enchiladas. In the remaining 2/3, mix in the cheese. This will be the enchilada filling.
3. Flash-fry the tortillas by heating the oil in a pan, then placing the tortilla in the oil for about 3 seconds, then flip it and fry the other side for about 3 seconds. Stack the flash-fried tortillas on a paper towel.
4. Put some of the cheese mixture into the middle of a tortilla and roll the tortilla around the filling. Place in a greased baking pan. Finish filling and rolling all tortillas.
5. If there is any remaining cheese mixture, top the enchiladas with it. Then top with the sour cream mixture that was set aside in step 2.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.