chopped veggies – I used: mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, asparagus
shredded cheese – I used: cheddar, monterey jack, parmesan
1 clove garlic, chopped
1-2 cup whole milk 1-2 cup vegetable stock
2 tbs flour
1. In a large pot, saute the mushrooms and chopped garlic in some olive oil until garlic is fragrant and soft.
2. Add all other ingredients to the pot. Start with 1 cup milk and 1 cup veggie stock. Add more if needed – pasta should be fully submerged so that it can boil.
3. Stir well, bring to a boil, then cover and lower heat to a simmer. Cook until pasta is done (about 15 mins).
4. OPTIONAL: If you’re anxious to dig in, you can eat it at this point and it’s delicious! Or you can take the extra step to bake it. Scoop pasta mixture into a baking pan, top with some extra cheese, and bake at 400 until the cheese on top is melted (about 7-10 mins).
Olives (I used Kalamata)
In place of cheese, either vegan cheese or pesto could be used!
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Steam the asparagus in a pan with some water until soft.
3. Assemble the sandwich with cheese and/or pesto, sliced tomato, olives, and asparagus.
4. Wrap the sandwich in foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.