Several months ago we got backyard chickens! Only one of our ladies has started laying so far, but even just one egg a day is enough to where I’m already trying to come up with different ways of using them. This ramen was perfect with an egg!
4 cups vegetable broth
2 tbs soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 packages instant ramen noodles (flavor packets discarded)
Any vegetables you like, some suggestions are:
shitake and/or oyster mushrooms
sweet corn (frozen or canned)
1. The eggs can either be soft-boiled, or they can be poached into the soup itself. If you prefer to poach them in the soup, skip to step 2. If you prefer to soft-boil them, boil some water in a pot, add the eggs, and let them boil for about 6 minutes. Remove eggs from water and let them cool. Once cooled, peel and cut in half.
2. Mix the soy sauce and crushed garlic into the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
3. Add vegetables to the soup and boil for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the ramen noodles. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring to separate them.
5. If you are poaching the eggs: Reduce heat to low. Carefully crack eggs into the pot. Cover the pot and poach the eggs for 3-4 minutes.